Small and medium-sized businesses must do most of the work themselves when it comes to making a move. However, hiring a professional mover can take care of many of the “stressors” around moving a business. And the following checklist can keep you on the right path when it comes to how to announce a business move. We had 8 items that were wrapped and secured then moved from Washington State to Tennessee in a few short weeks. All items were delivered without damage and the movers placed each item for us.
- Make sure that your lawyer reviews the WARN ACT qualifications, and if you do have to abide by it, that you provide the proper notice time to employees.
- Send “office shifted to new place” notices to other offices in the company.
- Set up the right tools for your employees to voice their opinion.
- Starting as a furniture installer, he developed a passion for the process of installation and learned to install all major manufacturers’ lines.
- When creating a checklist for your relocation, there are many different things to consider.
- If the business has a social media presence, it should also use this medium to inform customers and vendors alike about their change of brick and mortar location.
- Only go this route if there is a proven track record for reaching customers through specific media outlets.
Often times the company members might need to adopt a new code of conduct , especially when the pressures of the altered environment are easily noticed and felt. Sunshine Movers is your one-stop destination to fulfill all types of moving, packing, and relocating requirements. Whether you are planning a residential move or a commercial one, we have got you covered. We provide you with all-in-one packages which include packing, moving, and relocating at small or long distances with a well-equipped team of experienced movers.
DeskAlerts for office move communication to employees
We have been looking for a new home for the past few months and are happy to inform you we found it. If necessary, include the directions to your new location. Barbara Bean-Mellinger is a freelance writer who lives in the Washington, D.C. She has written on business topics for afkinsider.com, smallbusiness.chron.com, Harbor Style Magazine, the Charlotte Sun and more, as well as advertising copy and materials. From the University of Pittsburgh and has won numerous awards in B2B and B2C marketing.
- Be sure to update your address on social media, website, online business directories, and Google.
- Also, some of these contacts will have to spend extra cash, time, or resources to continue to do business with you.
- If this is a long distance relocation, be sure to outline the details of the corporate relocation package for your employees.
We will periodically review your personal information to ensure that we do not keep it for longer https://www.wave-accounting.net/ than is necessary. HelpMovingOffice.com is committed to protecting your personal information.
New Branch / Facility Opening Announcement
Include the relocation date, new location, expected benefits, positive aspects of the move, and information about your products and services. The position that you need to convey in your press release is “our relocation press release story is one of success“. The key is to keep good, clear communication between you and your employees, because they are a critical part of the moving process. Notify your employees of the plan as soon as possible, be honest and emphatic, get them involved, and keep them updated and in good spirits.
Chicago Office Movers’ trucks are climate controlled and feature lift gates and air-ride suspensions to fully safeguard all company property. Our trucks are equipped with tracking equipment, so customers can track the move throughout the process.
Business Relocation Letter
There are many different ways to communicate your move, so let’s first look at notifying service providers, then methods to use for your clients. Your service providers may still be your providers at your new office. A professionally-written book launch press release can shoot your money-making potential sky high. ZEM makes it a seamless process for companies to sell custom instruments using configurable, high-performance How To Announce The Relocation Of A Business hardware and software. “ZEM has the capability to advise on and handle logistics for specialized equipment hauling, saving our customers time,” said Johnson. Additionally, while ZEM can test all used platform-based approaches which combine modular hardware and software to help users solve complex engineering challenges. Not having an answer 6 weeks before the planned move is asking for angry employees and chaos.
You can hint with a celebration and the success of your move with optimistic wording and invitations to visit your new premises. They need to get their own feelings of the place to prepare for the changes ahead. You can book a tour with office relocation consultants, who will guide your teams into the transition.
Update Your Address on Online Venues
Inform both the staff and office movers of any potential changes in the moving process. Keeping them updated builds their trust in their management’s intentions. Being recognized for your business’s remarkable services and knowing your company has been publicized for those services can be fulfilling and humbling. Considering the expansion of your business, there will be many changes to come. Maintaining progress will require the ability to adapt to continuous growth. Businesses often find themselves needing a new office space during periods of transition. When it’s time to move from one office location to another, it is much harder than moving house.